Funny how a newlywed will tell you that marriage is amazing and beautiful, and then a couple years later, that selfsame person will beg you to really think before getting involved with a guy.
It has happened to me. Lol!
Truth is that marriage takes work. It will not always be roses and kisses. But working together as a team, supporting and loving each other, and seeking God first– well, it’s going to work out nicely.
So, just to make your life easier, here are some things to keep in mind:
FOR THE GUYS:
1 If the tube of toothpaste has a cap, USE IT. Hardened and dry toothpaste is not cool to use.
2) Put the toilet seat back down after you use it. If your wife falls in the toilet in the night, there is a 99.9% chance that you will be sleeping in the couch for the rest of the night, or nights.
3) NEVER set foot on her wet clean floor. Don’t dirty the floor she just scrubbed, that is if you don’t want to scrub it again, but this time with a toothbrush 😛 Lol!
4) Clean up those pesky little hairs after you shave. It’s annoying when the white bar of soap looks as if it has black sprinkles on it, or brown or blonde. Take your pick.
5) ALWAYS let your wife know if you are bringing friends or visitors home, that way she has time to cook something. Serving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is not exactly what we ladies have in mind.
6) When girls are on their monthly cycle, we can be sad, mad, happy, nostalgic and emotional all in the span of one hour. Plus we have to deal with pain and whatnot. So DON’T BE A COWARD and leave your wife alone. Be nice to her. Make her some hot tea and cuddle with her. ❤
7) Most girls take long to get ready. It’s hard for us to decide what to wear, and hairstyle to do; so instead of hollering to your wife at the top of your lungs for her to hurry up, do this the night/day before:
You: Hey sweetheart, do you think the yellow tie goes with this?
Her: White shirt, black pants and yellow tie? Honey, are you tying to go for the bumblebee look?
You: *laughing* What do you suggest then?
Her: Hmmm…let me see. Ah, this one is perfect!
You: Oh yes, perfect! I don’t know what I’d do without you. By the way, what will you wear? I think that blue dress looks lovely on you, plus it will match with my tie.
Her: Awwww, that’s right! We will match ^_^
There you have it. Problem solved. You are welcome.
8) Listen to your wife.
9) I understand that guys suffer from innate dementia, but at least try to remember her birthday, your wedding day, the day you met and the day you first messaged her on Facebook.
FOR THE GIRLS:
1) Guys don’t think on what they say when they are hungry, so if your husband says something that bothered you, don’t take it to heart because he did not mean that.
2) Men are capable of sitting down, think on nothing and do nothing; so don’t worry, they are not in comma.
3) DON’T mess with his toolbox.
4) Here is how to get your husband to fix that wobbly chair in the dining room: go to his beloved toolbox and try to fix it yourself. In a couple seconds, you will see him come running to your rescue–more like to the rescue of his tools 😛 But no, really; guys like to feel useful, so let him do it, and then go make him some lemonade.
5) Guys nature is to fix things, including you. So, don’t get mad when he tries to fix your problems and emotions. He’s just trying to help.
6) NEVER give a command to your husband because he will plop down in the couch and do nothing. The last thing a man wants is to feel manipulated. So just ask him to help you because you need him. He will listen to you. 🙂
7) Most of the times, your husband will not tell you that he is bringing his friends or visitors over, so always have something fast to cook.
8) You know, your man might forget your birthday, or the day and hour when you first met, but rest assured that he will NEVER FORGET that he loves you. So if he forgets, don’t hold it against him.
9) In my experience with men, aka my Dad and brother lol, they don’t distinguish things. The whole idea of lotions, perfumes and body mists are junk to them. For them, all you need is water, a bar of Irish Spring soap and deodorant. Therefore, keep your products out of your husbands reach before he uses your face wash as degreaser, your body mists as bathroom air fresheners and your lotion as shaving cream. 😉
10) When it comes to getting sick, men are pros at that. So don’t worry so much when he has a sore throat, but he keeps acting like if they slipping away.